Day 1 : Cusco - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
We will pick you up at your hotel at 05.30am and take you to San Pedro train station to board the train that will take us to km.104 km on the Cusco – Machupicchu railroad (starting point of the trek), where we will arrive at around 10:00 am. We start visiting the Chachabamba archaeological complex (2150 masl), located very close to the control point, to then embark upon an 8 km ascending trail, which after four hours will take us to the archaeological complex of Wiñaywayna (2700 masl). This is an impressive complex made up of an agricultural center with numerous terraces, a religious sector and an urban sector. On the way up we will have magnificent views of the Urubamba River valley and the Choquesuysuy archaeological complex located on the other side of the river, and also of a beautiful waterfall located just a few minutes away from Wiñaywayna. We will then go on and climb to Intipunku, or The Sun Gate. This will take an hour of hiking along a trail of flat stones on the edges of cliffs in highland jungle. From this fabulous spot, we will contemplate the sacred citadel of Machupicchu. From Intipunku we will descend to Machupicchu and then by bus to Aguas Calientes. Accommodation and overnight at the selected hotel/hostel.
Day 2 : Aguas Calientes - Cusco
We will pick you up early from your hotel, board a bus to go up to Machupicchu and then immediately begin a complete guided tour of the Inca citadel that will take approximately two hours. You will then have free time to walk around, climb the Huaynapicchu Mountain, where one can experience spectacular views of all of Machupicchu, the valleys and mountains that surround it, or visit the Temple of the Moon and the fabulous Inca Bridge. In the afternoon, we will meet in the town of Aguas Calientes where, if you like, you can visit and relax in the thermal baths. From here we will take the train back to the city of Cusco, where we will arrive after nightfall.
* Departure and arrival times are approximated.
- Transfer Hotel/Train station.
- Train ticket from Cusco to 104 Km.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and to Machu Picchu.
- Accommodation in Hotel/Hostel in Aguas Calientes
(double room with private bathroom).
- Official guide (english/spanish)
- Meals: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (box-lunch),
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen.
- Ticket of bus from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Tickets of bus Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu - Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- Breakfast the first day.
- Lunch and dinner on the last day: after the guided tour at Machupicchu, you can enjoy free time to further visit the ruins and choose to have lunch either in Machupicchu or in Aguas Calientes at your own expense. Arrival in Cusco is estimated around 9.00pm, dinner being at your own expense too.
- Visit to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes: a relaxing way to end-up the trek while you’re awaiting the return train to Cusco, only 10 minutes from the village center, entrance fee is US$ 1,50. Towels can be hired in Aguas Calientes.
adult person: US$
(price all year 2015)
Price for students: US$ 470.00
(Only with ISIC CARD)
Very Important for
- Full name, age and nationality.
- Passport number.
- For students - Carnet ISIC CARD (send image in JPG
- Pre Payment of US$ 260.00 per person.
Methods of Payment:
- Credit Cards: VISA, MASTERCARD and AMERICAN
EXPRESS. (Secure Server - SSL)
- Money transfer through of WesternUnion or MoneyGram.